Tuesday, February 9, 2016
• Backyard Hog Production, Colin Barnard
• Backyard Chickens for Egg Production, Vanessa Heath
• Getting Your Goat, Denise Wilhelm
• Field Peas in Alaska, Bob Van Veldhuizen, agronomist, UAF School of Natural Resources and Extension
• Genetically Modified Organisms and Choices in Alaska, Dr. Steven Seefeldt, state horticulture specialist, UAF School of Natural Resources and Extension
• Overview of the Alaska Ag Pest Project, Dr. Lisa Lunn, UAF School of Natural Resources and Extension
BACK YARD FARMING Potluck Luncheon – Guests are asked to follow this schedule when choosing a dish:
A-F = Vegetable or Fruit G-L = Desserts M-R = Pasta or Rice S-Z = Salads Main meat dishes, scalloped potatoes and dinner rolls will be provided through donations.
The 2016 Delta Farm Forum is co-sponsored by the University of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service Delta District, 895-4215 and the Salcha-Delta Soil and Water Conservation District, 895-6279.
Both are located in the Jarvis Office Center in Delta Junction. UAF is an AA/EO employer and educational institution.
• The Salcha–Delta Soil and Water Conservation District will give its annual report and announce the 2015 Cooperator of the Year. • Local FFA/4-H will give a group presentation and program highlights.
• A variety of vendors will be in attendance throughout the day.
We donated bison burger for the meatloaf and Delta FFA will be providing a homemade rhubarb drink.
Monday, January 11, 2016
The 2016 Delta Farm Forum is scheduled for Saturday,February 20th beginning at 9:00 a.m. and will focus on “Back Yard Farming”
Important news! For the first time the SARE Conference will be in Anchorage! February 23, 24 and 25, 2016.
SARE stands for Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education. This conference is traditionally held in Fairbanks, but the decision has been made to rotate this important conference between the two cities to provide access to a larger group. The second important feature, for the first time there will be a Fiber Track, a whole segment of presentations with a focus on fiber, including a special fiber speaker on the first day.